Copyright 2008- 2022 Ralph Lauer. All rights reserved. None of the images on these pages, digitally imbedded images or text, is part of the public domain. Copying or reproducing any without previous permission is prohibited. Questions and information on usage, fees and similar images please contact ralphlauer@gmail.com.

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

New Lake

  I have lived in my neighborhood for a number of years and we have had a perpetual problem with a little flooding when we get a thunderstorm now and then. Yesterday we got one of those rain events that did not even seem too bad until I walked out the front door and realized I now have lake front property.
   There was a car floating down the street in front of the neighbor's house, my purple cone flowers and prickley pears in the front yard were barely visible and I was starting to think Simon and Garfunkel had it right, I was an island. I walked up the street to take a few pictures of what was surely a bad day for some of my neighbors and found a couple more cars floating in the pond around the corner. A standing wave that I could have surfed on a board was forming over the debris flushing from one driveway.
  The good thing is that the waters recede faster than an outgoing tide, bad part is the cleanup is gonna last a long time. As the woman whose car was flooded as she was looking at a property for sale on the street, "Guess I won't be buying a house on this street".

The Ft. Worth Police try to prevent any other fools from entering the pool.

Ft. worth firefighters contemplate the next move.
Roaring rapids at the top of the street.

That is usually the kitty hangout corner.

A firefighter tries to check on occupants of a car that is floating. 

Standing wave at the light pole.

Somewhere under there is a sidewalk and a planted cactus garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment