Copyright 2008- 2022 Ralph Lauer. All rights reserved. None of the images on these pages, digitally imbedded images or text, is part of the public domain. Copying or reproducing any without previous permission is prohibited. Questions and information on usage, fees and similar images please contact ralphlauer@gmail.com.

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Bucket List

 
2005 Ford GT 40

Massive brakes and tires.

Scenic, well paved, and windy roads make a perfect test track.

The Driven Experience has a stable including a GT 40 and Bentley Continentals.
  I remember the first time I saw a photo of the classic Ford racing cars that were designed specifically to defeat the venerable Ferrari's at the 24 Hours of LeMans. A photo of the sleek two seater in deep blue paint with white stripes swept across the book my brother Chris showed me. I thought it was the most beautiful car I had ever seen. None of the huge wings protruding from the curving body panels like other cars were starting to use to create downforce. A long, low slung hood, a huge V-8 engine behind the driver, unusual for an American design from the era of Muscle Cars.
  Exclusively designed as a race car, I could not even dream of driving something like it. Jump forward a generation and Ford created a re-design of the body style in 2004, creating a truly modern supercar that incorporated that beautiful body work. Now my problem was not being a Silicon Valley tycoon or digging up a gusher in my backyard.
  Then I got an invitation from the wonderful folks at the Gateway Canyons Resort that let me check what I thought was an unobtainable dream off the personal wish list by driving their copy on the winding roads around the resort.
  The Driven Experience at the resort located in the small Southwestern Colorado town of Gateway offers a stable of exotic cars, racing trucks and other adventure excursions in the red rock formations along the Dolores River.
  Due to any actual details being disclosed giving the local authorities evidence for a criminal prosecution in the next seven years, or till the statute of limitations runs out, I will just leave it at "WOW"!!

No comments:

Post a Comment