Copyright 2008- 2022 Ralph Lauer. All rights reserved. None of the images on these pages, digitally imbedded images or text, is part of the public domain. Copying or reproducing any without previous permission is prohibited. Questions and information on usage, fees and similar images please contact ralphlauer@gmail.com.

Saturday, March 5, 2016

Paying Tribute for Life

Some walk to the front of the sanctuary in a slow and stoic amble. Others are bowed head and crying from the mention of the name. All of those gathered are here to pay tribute to a friend, family member or loved one who helped a stranger in need. Every year LIfeGift, the local organ procurement organization takes an evening to remember and show appreciation to those organ donors that gave others a chance to live a more normal and longer life after their passing. I personally am not one to wear my emotions on my sleeve but every year I shed tears for those that passed, many at a much too early age. This year the water works started as a young girl broke down while here parents tried to remain strong and help here pick up a rose for her younger sister who passed away. Though I do not know the back story of all the faces that are portrayed on the screen it makes me appreciate the goodness in the hearts of humankind. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.






No comments:

Post a Comment