Copyright 2008- 2022 Ralph Lauer. All rights reserved. None of the images on these pages, digitally imbedded images or text, is part of the public domain. Copying or reproducing any without previous permission is prohibited. Questions and information on usage, fees and similar images please contact ralphlauer@gmail.com.

Thursday, October 15, 2015

A Little Patience

   I would never consider myself a gardener, guilty of letting everything that sprouts have its day. I still love to see what all those green shoots turn out to be. I think it comes from my experience with the spider lilies that have survived in the beds surrounding the house the previous owner must have planted. Every fall a long stalk starts to emerge from the weirdest places. By waiting to see what happens and letting them grow a delicate and intense red flower emerges. One of the last things in the yard still holding pollen so the caravan of insects that show up are always astounding. Nature just trying to teach me the benefits of being patient.
An ant explores the vibrant terrain.

Pollen graces the delicate tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment