Copyright 2008- 2022 Ralph Lauer. All rights reserved. None of the images on these pages, digitally imbedded images or text, is part of the public domain. Copying or reproducing any without previous permission is prohibited. Questions and information on usage, fees and similar images please contact ralphlauer@gmail.com.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Wrong Season Sport







There is a reason that summers are more comfortable in Colorado than Texas, and yesterday I found out why. On Tuesday June 28th, a week after the official start of summer and I met a couple of brothers in the parking lot of Loveland Pass, Colorado on U.S. Highway 6. They were ribbing me about taking the kayak that was on the car for a slide in the snow.
Actually I had the same idea as they did, to go do some late season snowboarding. So the group of us hiked the ridge over Loveland Basin and proceeded to snowboard on a day long after most lifts in the area had closed. Someone did mention that A-Basin would be open the following weekend but we just used our own power to take a few laps.
This is definitely the latest day in the year I have ever strapped on the board, what a hoot it turned out to be and in shorts none the less. Just hoping I can store some of the chill from when the slush fell in my boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment