Copyright 2008- 2022 Ralph Lauer. All rights reserved. None of the images on these pages, digitally imbedded images or text, is part of the public domain. Copying or reproducing any without previous permission is prohibited. Questions and information on usage, fees and similar images please contact ralphlauer@gmail.com.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Good from bad

I wake up Monday morning to a dark room, way too dark. All those little telltale lights of the TV and alarm clock are not there. The wind outside is still howling and then I realize, with all that wind a tree has fallen on the power lines running up to Taos Ski Valley. Im here trying to shoot pictures for upcoming ski stories and you just cant do that when the weather takes a dumper. This is going to be one tough day to shoot pretty ski pictures. The depression starts to set in even before the biting cold hits my face. I make the best of it but my heart is just not in it. I go to bed worn out and bummed because it just does not look as good as it could.
   Ahhh! Tuesday is a whole new day. Just amazing how a little sun can change my perspective. To top it all off, there is some fresh snow to boot. With those stunningly blue New Mexico skies to set it off and the pictures just come together. It is days like this that makes taking pictures so much fun.  I can not believe that this is still called work. Guess it makes up for all the bad days, huh? 




No comments:

Post a Comment