Copyright 2008- 2022 Ralph Lauer. All rights reserved. None of the images on these pages, digitally imbedded images or text, is part of the public domain. Copying or reproducing any without previous permission is prohibited. Questions and information on usage, fees and similar images please contact ralphlauer@gmail.com.

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Hurricane Marie Fun

   I love to surf, there, I said it. Living in a landlocked spot I just do not get to do it very often so I have to improvise with my kiteboarding on a lake. Every once in a while I hear about a hurricane in the gulf and I head for the coast as fast as I can get there. I don't usually think about the Pacific as a hurricane destination. Oh how wrong I could be.
   Spending a little time in California, mostly to get out of the Texas Summer heat I just chanced into back to back hurricanes. I look out at lines of waves at every beach I pull up to. Never thought that hurricanes would create some rather impressive summer time south swells for the west coast. A week of great surf, some wind as well. I now know what they mean about pigs in slop. It will take a while to get my shoulders to stop aching, and my face from being cracked with a permanent grin. A picture of me taken by the accompanying trio of Patty Pressley, Yoda and Kimo the wonder dog.
Catching a ride at "C" Street in Ventura.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment